Thursday, August 25, 2011

Heavy Inlisterator - 1,500 Friendly for Saturday


















There's going to be a friendly game of 40K this Saturday at the FLGS between myself and the grey dudes and a buddy of mine who runs with Orks. It'll be a solid fifteen-hundred points and I always like to try to bring something new to the table, both to keep the games interesting and to test out new lists and unit combinations. Fun times are sure to be had by all. As he has no idea yet that I'm keeping this blog, I can post here with impunity and trust he'll still be caught unawares by my daemon hunting madness. This is the list I'm thinking about bringing. It's in a slightly different format than that usual which I hope will help convey my setup a bit more clearly.

[Troops] 10-man Strike Squad, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt [240]
   - [HQ] Inquisitor Coteaz [100]

[Troops] 5-man Terminators, Psycannon, 4 Halberds, 1 Daemon Hammer [225]
   - [Elites] Techmarine, Warding Stave, Psychotroke, Rad [140]
   - [FA] Storm Raven, TL MM, TL AssCan, Hurricane Bolters [235]

[Elites] 6-man Purifers, 3 Halberds, 2 Psycannons, MC Hammer [170]
   - [HQ] Brotherhood Champion [100]

[FA] 5-man Interceptors, Psycannon, MC Hammer [155]

[HS] Dreadnought, AssCann, TL Autocannon, Psybolt [135]

[1,500 pts]


Mostly foot-slogging, which means I'll be planning on hopping behind and into cover a.s.a.p. The idea is going to have the Storm Raven flat-out down one side of the board or the other and drop the Dreadnought off midfield somewhere where he can hopefully have a decent shot at whacking some side armor with the AC. If I'm careful the flat-out drop (per the special rules) should be pretty safe, as it counts as a Deep Strike with an extra dangerous terrain roll.


I'm really hoping to see a big advantage from having double Hammerhand casts in all my Grey Knights units save the Interceptors. The Techmarine should be a vicious CC machine, having both the awesome GK grenades and being tough to kill at 2+/2++ saves.


Common internet wisdom is a naked Storm Raven is the best Storm Raven, but for thirty points, unless it's getting shot down turn one, I have to think the Hurricanes Bolters will easily be able to make their points back, especially if I'm pairing them with the Assault Cannon while Power of the Machine Spirit is aiming the TL Multi-melta at an enemy vehicle. Obviously, I have forgone Psybolt ammunition on the Storm Raven so the Hurricane Bolters still counts as Defensive Weapons, meaning I could have a vicious opening salvo with the TL Assault Cannon, both Hurricane Bolters (with it's speed I should be able to arrange it head on at an enemy unit) and 1-4 small S4 small blasts from the Mindstrike Missiles.


The Interceptors hopefully will be able to get some sneaky shunt moves to put them facing vulnerable back armor and blast some vehicles away. While I've never been that impressed with a Brotherhood Champion in close combat, having Hammerhand and giving re-rolls to hit for the entire unit when charging seems like it could be a hell of a wicked charge. Hopefully, Sanctuary from Coteaz will help me get that off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More